Thursday, September 2, 2010

Here I am...

The first two days have passed by like a dream. So far I have ate 9 different cheeses, 3 different type of prosciutto, a french quiche, and a German curry sausage... not to mention the veal Marsala and pasta and rice salads......Needless to say, I love Italy, and their food...

The house is beautiful and the children are very educated and well behaved, for the most part. They love to fight with each other, which is completely normal to me. Their school is located inside the Villa Borghese which is the 'central park' of Rome. Imagine an enchanted forest with trees that create tunnels and wild bamboo, little double hinged green doors, and rod iron stair railings. It is a prestigious private French school for children ages 3 and up. Today was their first day of school and my fourth time driving to the school. Last night, Mary, (the mother, who is french/italian) gave me a crash course in driving in Rome. Although the Vespa's and scooters drive me nuts, I have found a comfort behind the wheel because of the similarities to downtown LA or Santa Monica. Mary told me that I am the best driver they have ever had, Yes MOM and JACKIE did you hear that? If any of my family heard that they might die! I guess I have been driving in the wrong city my whole life :) I am a crazy and agressive driver, the perfect fit for Rome. There are three habbits I did have to give up while driving...No Make-up or Cell Phone that's forsure, and driving shoes only; which do not include my rainbows, or sandals of any kind. I have to rock my cute outfits with my white nike tennis shoes. I hate my driving shoes, so I now BYOS...bring my own shoes where ever I go.

As for my social life I have not adventured out...yet. I want to be completely acclimated with my new home and family, and practice my Italian before I start to make friends. There is a Lyola University (American) one block from my house, but I have the best American friends in America, why do I need more? I want Italian friends!! I did meet one new friend, Leonardo, who is the lifeguard at the pool and speaks perfect English, he is a sweetie, around 20 years old, and will remain a great friend.

I am driving alone this afternoon to pick up the children from school and continue our English lessons. The boys' English is very impressive and I have enjoyed our 'classroom' times. Ciao, A Presto!


p.s
I forgot how much I hate mosquitoes, right now I am currently sporting 11 bits, and believe I just received one more right now!!

p.s.s
Milana my Niece is coming tomorrow!!!! n:)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh.... the beer the mineralwasser! (water) i miss it all...

    ReplyDelete