Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Current love affair with Rome...

Dating Rome isn’t easier than dating a male, but it is defiantly more enjoyable…

He wakes me up with a smile and gently reminds me of the daily blessing from God, Oro Gold Lavazza coffee. With the sweeties aromas of coffee one could ever smell, I slip on my brown rainbow sandals and head to the table. There glowing with gold shinny lines on the 6 burner stove top stands, my personal, double shot espresso maker, steaming hot waiting for our good morning kiss. At last my love has saved me and he is perfect in his original form, which is never the case for a man, but this man needs no sugar, he slips down with ease.

Rome and I went hand and hand on a walk, with no map, I wanted to explore and see his creative side. Through the tiny stone streets at the bustling time of 8:00am I was determined to find untouched ground. I stumbled upon a tiny corner shop. There were two old wooden doors, one on each side of the corner, they almost touched. Looking though the open door my heart skipped a beat at what my eyes saw. Beautiful breads of all kinds, and pastries that added ten pound with the glance of an eye… I bought three things and ate them through out the day.

Skipping down the cobble stone road wearing black leggings and an oversize pink tunic, and carrying my white goody bag in my left hand, I was determined to be a local, not a tourist. I turned a corner and there stood the Pantheon, oh the camera was out faster than an Asian at Disneyland… I am a tourist. In my previous trip to Italy I never saw the Pantheon, and what a mistake that was. It really is a magnificent sight, dating back to 120AD. The first thing I did was walk though the yellow and pinkish marble floors, straight to the very center of the dome and look straight up. A local boy told me that no matter how hard it rains, it never rains in the Pantheon. When we have our first day of full rain, I am testing this Roman theory and its validity. Every couple has their spot, and this will be OUR spot as long as we are together.
Finding the Pantheon without looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment